Local Trail Conditions
September 22nd. Fall is here. Lots of (much needed) rain today, but trails should be good by this weekend. And some changing of colors. The Monarch Crest is riding GREAT. Be nice to the fragile alpine tundra, please don't trample it, stay on the trail. And always be on the lookout for downed trees, we have lots of beetle kill out there.
Our Monarch Crest shuttles start June 24th, book them HERE
Stay on the trail, don’t make our single track wider please.
RED – The trail is not rideable or riding it may be damaging.
ORANGE – Not recommended to ride the trail; or ride it in the morning if mud is an issue.
GREEN – Get out there and ride it.
EBIKES: KNOW BEFORE YOU COME: In the Salida area E-Mountain Bikes are only allowed on designated motorized trails, as most of our trails are managed by either BLM or FS. There is no single track on S-mtn and lower Methodist open to E-mtbs currently. Roads, yes. Single track, no. Please adhere to the current rules set by the land managers (BLM and FS). As far as single track is concerned only the Rainbow trail (the real deal, not Little or Double Rainbow), Greens Creek, Agate Creek, and the Monarch Crest from Monarch Pass to Marshall Pass are 'motorized' single track open to moto's and thus e-bikes, near Salida.
NOTE: trail conditions listed below are based on first hand knowledge, hearsay, rumor or plain old guessing. We are not responsible for your actual experience out there. Weather and trail conditions can change quickly, trees fall down, etc.
- Do not ride when trails are muddy - turn around and pick a different activity for the day
- Hikers/Walkers/Horses have the right of way
- When on bikes UPHILL riders have the right of way
- DO NOT ride off trail to pass other users. Just stop, lean to the side and let the other user pass.
- Dogs need to be on leash or voice controlled. Please move your dogs off the trail when encountering other users.
- Clean up after your dog. Do not leave poop bags on the trail please. There is no poop bag fairy.
- Please don't ride e-mountain bikes on non-motorized trails. See above notes.
Say hi, be nice, we're all out here having fun
Please NOTE & RESPECT the Seasonal Wildlife Closures:
December 1-April 15 – Gutz, Sol Train, Sun Up, Pot-O-Gold. Rainbow Trail, Greens Creek.
December 15 – March 15 – Beasway (upper Cottonwood, to do the whole Cottonwood ride).
Arkansas Hills / S-Mtn Trail System:
- Frontside – Dry
- Lil’ Rattler –