Covid19 isn’t gone just because things are starting to open up. Wear a mask when you visit our store, please. We’re open daily 10am-5pm.
June 29th Trail Conditions – Monarch Crest is a go! One decent snowbank left, with a path through it (about 5ft tall). PLEASE stay on the trail, DON’T walk around any snow (don’t trample the fragile tundra and create new trail, PLEASE). Also, Canyon Creek is ready, only a few patches of snow. Enjoy the outdoors, don’t congregate at trailheads, and remember to keep distance from others and the risk level down; don’t get hurt, as the hospital does not want to see you right now. ALSO, NO campfires while camping in Chaffee County, as we are on a Stage II Fire Ban!
RED – The trail is not rideable or riding it may be damaging.
ORANGE – Not recommended to ride the trail; or ride it in the morning if mud is an issue.
GREEN – Get out there and ride it.
Arkansas Hills / S-mtn Trail System:
- Frontside – Dry.
- Lil’ Rattler – Dry.
- Pepper trails – Dry.
- Burnpile – Dry.
- Rusty Lung – Dry.
- Backbone – Dry.
- Tenderfoot – Dry.
- Sweet Dreams – Dry.
- Dream On (new) – Dry.
- Chicken Dinner – Dry.
- Sand Dunes – Dry.
- Prospector- Dry.
- North Backbone – Dry.
- Pauli – Dry.
- The Dude Abides & El Duderino (new) – Dry.
- Unkle Nazty – Dry.
- Hooligan – Dry.
- Cottonwood Gulch Trail – Dry.
- Beasway/Rumba (upper Cottonwood) – Dry.
- Aspen Ridge – Dry.
Methodist Mountain Trail System:
- Little Rainbow Trail – Dry.
- Racetrack – Dry.
- Lost and Dead Bird – Dry.
- Spartan West/Spartan East – Dry.
- Double Rainbow Trail – Dry.
- Sol Trains & Solstice Trail (new flow trails) – Dry.
- Bear Creek to Sand Gulch Rainbow Trail – Dry, inches of ash in some sections from Decker Fire. Beware of bulldozer lines on Bear Creek Road above the FS road closure.
- Columbine Trail – Dry.
- Gutz – OK to ride now after trail work and rain.
- Silver Creek Road/Rainbow Trail Loop – Riding great!
Monarch Crest and Children of the Crest
- Monarch Crest Trail – Mostly dry, some snow, one tree down. PLEASE don’t walk around snow. Don’t create new trails! Safe the fragile tundra.
- Marshall Pass – Poncha Creek Road loop – Dry.
- Agate Creek Trail – Snow? Trees down?
- Starvation Creek – Dry.
- Marshall Pass – Silver Creek Trail Loop – Dry.
- Greens Creek – Unknown, probably muddy/wet in places, probably some trees down?
- Fooses Creek – Unknown, probably muddy/wet in places, probably some trees down?
- Silver Creek- Mostly dry, maybe a tree or 2 down.
Distant cousin of the Crest:
- Canyon Creek – Ready to go.
- Raspberry Gulch Out-and-Back – Dry.
- Mt Princeton to Cottonwood – Dry.
- South Fooses Creek – Unknown, probably muddy/wet in places, probably some trees down?
- Blanks to Chalk – Dry
- Blanks to US 50 – Dry
Buena Vista Area:
- Bridge to Bridge/Barbara Whipple/Camp Elevation/Broken Boyfriend – Dry.
- Midland Trail, Fistful of Dollars/Few Dollars More/Django/Sausage Links/Bacon Bits. – Dry.
- Unchained – Dry.
- Vitamin B – Dry.
- Continental Divide Trail, Alpine Tunnel to Tincup Pass Road – SNOW.
- St Elmo – Tin Cup Pass – SNOW.