Above photo: 9/6/19.
Stop in the shop and see us in person for a trail guide, maps and recommendations!
RED – The trail is not rideable or riding it may be damaging.
ORANGE – Not recommended to ride the trail; or ride it in the morning if mud is an issue.
GREEN – Get out there and ride it.
09/16 Trail Conditions – The night of Tuesday, 9/3 mother nature sent a massive rain event to the Arkansas Hills. Most Ark Hills trails are now rideable/hikeable, there is more work to do. Lower Sand Dunes, Cottonwood, and Sweet Dreams (in Sweetwater Gulch) are still blown out and we are making plans to address.
There will be more volunteer opportunities, so stay tuned! If you’ve responded to our previous email about additional weekday work opportunities, you will hear from us as those days are planned.
- Frontside – Dry
- Lil’ Rattler – Dry
- Burnpile – Dry
- Rusty Lung – Dry
- Backbone – Dry
- Sweet Dreams – Lower section Washed Out
- Chicken Dinner – Washed out in spots
- Sand Dunes – Washed out in spots
- Prospector- Dry
- North Backbone – Washed out in spots
- Pauli – Washed Out in spots
- The Dude Abides –Washed Out in spots
- Unkle Nazty – Washed Out in spots
- Hooligan –Washed Out in spots
- Cottonwood Trail – Washed Out in spots
- Beasway/Rhumba (upper Cottonwood) – Dry, no impact from storm runoff
- Aspen Ridge – Dry
Methodist Mountain Trail System
- Little Rainbow Trail – Dry
- Spartan West/Spartan East – Dry
- Lost, Dead Bird, and Racetrack Trails – Dry
- Double Rainbow Trail – Dry
- Bear Creek to Methodist Rainbow Trail – Decker Fire fighting operations, plus smoke.
- Columbine Trail – Decker Fire fighting operations, plus smoke.
- Silver Creek Road/Rainbow Trail Loop – Dry
Monarch Crest and Children of the Crest
- Monarch Crest Trail – Clear
- Marshall Pass – Poncha Creek Loop – Clear
- Agate Creek Trail – Clear
- Starvation Creek – Clear – some downed trees
- Marshall Pass – Silver Creek Trail Loop – Clear
- Greens Creek – Clear with some muddy spots
- Fooses Creek – likely washed out in spots.
- Silver Creek- Clear
- Raspberry Gulch Out-and-Back – Dry
- Mt Princeton to Cottonwood – Dry
- South Fooses Creek – Clear with some muddy spots
- Blanks to Chalk – Dry
- Blanks to US 50 – Dry
Buena Vista Area
- The Midland Trail – Dry
- Barbara Whipple/Broken Boyfriend/Django/Midland/Bacon Bits etc. – Dry
- Continental Divide Trail, Alpine Tunnel to Tincup Pass Road – Dry
- St Elmo – Tin Cup Pass – Dry