Above photo: 7/5/19.
Stop in the shop and see us in person for a trail guide, maps and recommendations!
RED – The trail is not rideable or riding it may be damaging.
ORANGE – Not recommended to ride the trail; or ride it in the morning if mud is an issue.
GREEN – Get out there and ride it.
Trail Conditions – July 15
Monarch Crest has several significant snow drifts with fairly large drop offs. Please give this trail a bit more time to melt. Possibly another week or so. It’s getting close. Please do not go off trail to avoid drifts.
- Frontside – Dry
- Lil’ Rattler – Dry
- Burnpile – Dry
- Rusty Lung – Dry
- Backbone – Dry
- Sweet Dreams – Dry
- Chicken Dinner – Dry
- Sand Dunes – Dry
- Prospector- Dry
- North Backbone – Dry
- Pauli – Dry
- The Dude Abides –Dry
- Unkle Nazty – Dry
- Hooligan –Dry
- Cottonwood Trail – Dry
- Beasway/Rhumba (upper Cottonwood) – Dry
- Aspen Ridge – Dry
Methodist Mountain Trail System
- Little Rainbow Trail – Dry
- Spartan West/Spartan East – Dry
- Lost, Dead Bird, and Racetrack Trails – Dry
- Double Rainbow Trail – Dry
- Bear Creek to Methodist Rainbow Trail – Dry
- Columbine Trail – Dry
- Silver Creek Road/Rainbow Trail Loop – Dry
Monarch Crest and Children of the Crest
As the 2019 riding season comes on, it’s worth thinking about how this big snow year is going to impact your riding plans. I would choose July 20 or later to ride the Crest. There could still be substantial snow even in late July. Set your expectations accordingly, and watch here for current information.
- Monarch Crest Trail – Snow
- Marshall Pass – Poncha Creek Loop – Marshall Pass is clear, Poncha Creek Rd Mostly!
- Agate Creek Trail – Snow above 11,000 feet
- Starvation Creek – Clear – watch for ticks and down trees
- Marshall Pass – Silver Creek Trail Loop – Some snow/mud, down trees
- Greens Creek – Snow above 11,000 feet
- Silver Creek- Clear – watch for ticks. Rockslide near bottom
- Raspberry Gulch Out-and-Back – Dry
- Mt Princeton to Cottonwood – Dry
- South Fooses Creek – Snow/Mud above 11,000 feet
- Blanks to Chalk – Dry
- Blanks to US 50 – Dry
Buena Vista Area
- The Midland Trail – Dry
- Barbara Whipple/Broken Boyfriend/Django/Midland/Bacon Bits etc. – Dry
- Continental Divide Trail, Alpine Tunnel to Tincup Pass Road – Snow
- St Elmo – Tin Cup Pass – Snow