8/8 – Trails have dried out and are in great shape. Forest Service with help have cleaned up the Rainbow Trail from 101 (Bear Creek) to CR 108 after major washouts.
The Monarch Crest is riding great. In general, for Alpine riding:
Start your ride early, to reduce the risk of finding yourself in a nasty thunderstorm.
STAY ON THE TRAIL PLEASE, Alpine Tundra is fragile and is easily trampled (and slow to heal) by going off-trail so DON’T create new tracks.
Always be on the lookout for downed trees as we have lots of beetle kill pine ‘up there.
We’re running Crest Shuttles – book online!
Stay on the trail, don’t make our single track wider pls. Enjoy the outdoors, don’t congregate at trailheads, and remember to keep distance from others and the risk level down; don’t get hurt, as the hospital probably doesn’t really want to see you right now.
RED – The trail is not rideable or riding it may be damaging.
ORANGE – Not recommended to ride the trail; or ride it in the morning if mud is an issue.
GREEN – Get out there and ride it.
Arkansas Hills / S-Mtn Trail System:
- Frontside – Dry
- Lil’ Rattler – Dry
- Pepper trails – Dry
- Burnpile – Dry
- Rusty Lung – Dry
- Backbone – Dry
- Tenderfoot – Dry
- Sweet Dreams – Dry
- Dream On – Dry
- Chicken Dinner – Dry
- Sand Dunes – Dry
- Prospector- Dry
- North Backbone – Dry
- Pauli – Dry
- The Dude Abides & El Duderino – Dry
- Unkle Nazty – Dry
- Hooligan – Dry
- Cottonwood Gulch Trail (lower Cottonwood our and back) – Dry
- Beasway/Rumba (upper Cottonwood) – Dry
- Aspen Ridge – Dry
Methodist Mountain Trail System:
- Little Rainbow Trail – Dry
- Racetrack – Dry
- Lost and Dead Bird – Dry
- Spartan West/Spartan East – Dry
- Solstice Trail – Dry
- Sol Trains – Dry
- Double Rainbow Trail – Dry
- Pot-O-Gold (new) – Dry
- Bear Creek to CR 108 – reopened
- Columbine Trail – washouts
- Gutz decent – dry
- CR 108 to Pot-O-Gold/Sand Gulch rd – One huge washout
- Silver Creek Road/Rainbow Trail Loop – dry
Monarch Crest and Children of the Crest
- Monarch Crest Trail – all good yall
- Marshall Pass – Poncha Creek Road loop – dry
- Agate Creek Trail – wet but fun
- Starvation Creek – dry, always watch for a couple of downed trees
- Marshall Pass – Silver Creek Trail Loop – dry
- Greens Creek – dry
- Fooses Creek – wet but fun
- Silver Creek- dry
Distant cousin of the Crest:
- Canyon Creek – Riding great. WATCH FOR DOWNED TREES.
- Raspberry Gulch Out-and-Back – dry
- Mt Princeton to Cottonwood – dry
- South Fooses Creek – wet but fun
- Blanks to Chalk – dry
- Blanks to US 50 – dry
Buena Vista Area:
- Bridge to Bridge/Barbara Whipple/Camp Elevation/Broken Boyfriend – dry
- Midland Trail, Fistful of Dollars/Few Dollars More/Django/Sausage Links/Bacon Bits. – dry
- Unchained – dry
- Vitamin B – dry
- Continental Divide Trail, Alpine Tunnel to Tincup Pass Road – dry
- St Elmo – Tin Cup Pass – dry
Please NOTE & RESPECT the Seasonal Wildlife Closures:
December 1-April 15 – Gutz, Sol Train, Sun Up, Pot-O-Gold.
December 15 – March 15 – Beasway (upper Cottonwood, to do the whole Cottonwood ride).