Stop in the shop and see us in person for the latest trail conditions, recommendations, and maps!
January 21st, 2020 Trail Conditions – Slow freeze/thaw cycle, the S-mtn trails are a mix of dry/ice/snow packed. Ride early and things are good if you’re ok with some ice in spots. Ride around noon and some sections might change into mud. Just, ride, early…
We don’t have first hand knowledge on what shape the methodist mtn are in, let us know.
Or take a fat bike out, here are some suggestions on where to ride…
Beasway/Upper Cottonwood is now CLOSED for the winter season for Wildlife Habitat. Reopens March 15.
RED – The trail is not rideable or riding it may be damaging.
ORANGE – Not recommended to ride the trail; or ride it in the morning if mud is an issue.
GREEN – Get out there and ride it.
Arkansas Hills / S-mtn Trail System
- Frontside – Dry
- Lil’ Rattler – Dry/Ice/Mud
- Pepper trails – Dry
- Burnpile – Dry?
- Rusty Lung – Dry/Ice/Mud
- Backbone – Dry/Ice/Mud
- Tenderfoot – Dry/Ice/Mud
- Sweet Dreams – Dry/Ice/MUD
- Chicken Dinner – Dry/Ice/MUD
- Sand Dunes – Dry/Ice/MUD
- Prospector- Snow/Ice/MUD
- North Backbone – Snow/Ice
- Pauli – Snow/Ice
- The Dude Abides & El Duderino – Snow/Ice
- Unkle Nazty – Snow/Ice
- Hooligan – Snow/Ice
- Cottonwood Gulch Trail – Snow
- Beasway/Rhumba (upper Cottonwood) – CLOSED UNTIL MARCH FOR WILDLIFE HABITAT
- Aspen Ridge – Snow/Ice/Mud
Methodist Mountain Trail System
- Little Rainbow Trail –Snow?
- Spartan West/Spartan East – Snow?
- Lost, Dead Bird, and Racetrack Trails – Snow?
- Double Rainbow Trail – Snow
- Sol Train Trails (new flow trails) – Snow
- Gutz – Access currently closed by US Forest Service after Decker Fire/Snow on Rainbow.
- Bear Creek to Sand Gulch Rainbow Trail – Access current closed by US Forest Service. Snow.
- Columbine Trail – Access currently closed by US Forest Service. Oh, and Snow.
- Silver Creek Road/Rainbow Trail Loop – SNOW
Monarch Crest and Children of the Crest
- Monarch Crest Trail – SNOW.
- Marshall Pass – Poncha Creek Loop – SNOW.
- Agate Creek Trail – SNOW.
- Starvation Creek – SNOW.
- Marshall Pass – Silver Creek Trail Loop – SNOW.
- Greens Creek – SNOW.
- Fooses Creek – SNOW.
- Silver Creek- SNOW.
- Raspberry Gulch Out-and-Back – SNOW
- Mt Princeton to Cottonwood – SNOW
- South Fooses Creek – SNOW
- Blanks to Chalk – SNOW
- Blanks to US 50 – SNOW
Buena Vista Area
- Bridge to Bridge/Barbara Whipple/Camp Elevation/Broken Boyfriend – Snow/Ice?
- Midland Trail, Fistful of Dollars/Few Dollars More/Django/Sausage Links/Bacon Bits. – Snow/Ice?
- Unchained – Closed – Seasonal Closure until April 16th.
- Vitamin B – Closed – Seasonal Closure until April 16th.
- Continental Divide Trail, Alpine Tunnel to Tincup Pass Road – SNOW.
- St Elmo – Tin Cup Pass – SNOW.