above photo 11/10/19 – Lower Rusty Lung trail
Stop in the shop and see us in person for the latest trail conditions, recommendations, and maps!
11/16 Trail Conditions – We’ve got mostly dry trails on S-mtn. Expect some snow, ice and mud in shady areas still. Please stay on the trail in those sections, ride or walk through those spots, keep the single track single.
Please don’t ride the Cottonwood loop, the Beasway and Rumba sections still have plenty of snow (unrideable in some spots) and ice, changing into MUD. Give it another week please!!
The Methodist Mtn trails will have a bit more snow and ice in places, as those trails are north facing.
Please note: we do our best with showing the current trail conditions. They can quickly change depending on the amount of sun/rate of melting. In general, trails are currently best before 10am, before mud can become an issue.
RED – The trail is not rideable or riding it may be damaging.
ORANGE – Not recommended to ride the trail; or ride it in the morning if mud is an issue.
GREEN – Get out there and ride it.
Arkansas Hills / S-mtn Trail System
- Frontside – Dry.
- Lil’ Rattler – Dry.
- Pepper trails – Dry.
- Burnpile – Dry.
- Rusty Lung – Dry.
- Backbone – Dry.
- Tenderfoot – Dry.
- Sweet Dreams – Dry.
- Chicken Dinner – Dry.
- Sand Dunes – Dry.
- Prospector- Mix of Dry/Snow/Ice/Mud?
- North Backbone – Dry/Snow/Ice mix on North facing.
- Pauli – Mostly dry.
- The Dude Abides & El Duderino – Dry/Snow/Ice mix North facing.
- Unkle Nazty – Mostly dry?
- Hooligan – Dry.
- Cottonwood Gulch Trail – Mud up high. If you ride this, go out & back from the bottom.
- Beasway/Rhumba (upper Cottonwood) – Snow changing into MUD. Don’t ride the loop!
- Aspen Ridge – Mostly dry?
Methodist Mountain Trail System
- Little Rainbow Trail – Mostly dry?
- Spartan West/Spartan East – Dry/Snow/Ice/Mud mix on Spartan West, East probably ok.
- Lost, Dead Bird, and Racetrack Trails – Mostly dry, except for Lost?
- Double Rainbow Trail – Snow/Ice/Mud mix
- Sol Train Trails (new flow trails) – Mostly dry?
- Gutz – Access currently closed by US Forest Service after Decker Fire/Snow on Rainbow.
- Bear Creek to Sand Gulch Rainbow Trail – Access current closed by US Forest Service. Snow.
- Columbine Trail – Access currently closed by US Forest Service. Oh, and Snow.
- Silver Creek Road/Rainbow Trail Loop – SNOW
Monarch Crest and Children of the Crest
- Monarch Crest Trail – SNOW.
- Marshall Pass – Poncha Creek Loop – SNOW.
- Agate Creek Trail – SNOW.
- Starvation Creek – SNOW.
- Marshall Pass – Silver Creek Trail Loop – SNOW.
- Greens Creek – SNOW.
- Fooses Creek – SNOW.
- Silver Creek- SNOW.
- Raspberry Gulch Out-and-Back – SNOW?
- Mt Princeton to Cottonwood – SNOW?
- South Fooses Creek – SNOW?
- Blanks to Chalk – SNOW?
- Blanks to US 50 – SNOW?
Buena Vista Area
- The Midland Trail – Mostly dry.
- Barbara Whipple/Broken Boyfriend/Django/Midland/Bacon Bits etc. – Mostly dry.
- Continental Divide Trail, Alpine Tunnel to Tincup Pass Road – SNOW.
- St Elmo – Tin Cup Pass – SNOW.