“2-Wheel Fridays” Fall 2021
*note: there will be no make-up days for either session. Riders will need to be prepared for inclement weather. Cancellation due to weather is at the coach’s discretion when it is deemed unsafe to be outside.*
Sept 3 – no class for Labor Day Weekend
9am-11am- 3rd & 4th Grade
Noon-2pm – 1st & 2nd Grade
2:30pm-5pm – 5th-8th Grade (including beginner middle school group)
10am-noon – 3rd & 4th Grade
1pm-3:30 – 5th-8th Grade
1st/2nd and 3rd/4th groups = $90
5th – 8th group = $110
AYC T-shirts: $10 (+tax) and must purchase during registration.
- 2-Wheel Fridays bicycling and mountain biking programs provide a safe, supportive atmosphere for elementary and middle school children to learn the lifelong joy and skills of bicycling, while having fun outside with friends.
- Sessions consist of a blend of biking skills, safety, fitness, outdoor exploration, and good, clean fun!
- Depending on age/ability other topics might include: road/traffic/trail etiquette; team work; bicycle maintenance & repairs; nutrition and hydration; first aid; land and trail stewardship; trail use and access issues.
This is not a program for children with training wheels or for beginner riders. The lowest acceptable skill level is that the child must be comfortable and safe riding his/her bike around town with an adult. For 3rd Grade and up, we strongly suggest trail/dirt experience. Bikes need to have hand brakes and gears (exception for 1st graders).
Kids will be broken into groups according to skill, experience, motivation, friendships, weather, terrain, and coach/child ratios.
Meet behind Absolute Bikes. Riding locations will vary each week, depending on age and skill level.
– Riders may be transported or shuttled via shop van during field trip days.
- Coaching at a minimum 5:1 ratio
- All coaches are CPR and First Aid certified
- Licensed and insured transportation between Absolute Bikes and riding areas, as necessary
Additional details about what to bring and how to be prepared will be emailed after registration is completed.