Local Trail Guide and Conditions
See us in person for maps and recommendations!
RED – The trail is not ridable or riding it may be damaging.
ORANGE – Not recommended to ride the trail; or ride it in the morning if mud is an issue.
GREEN – Get out there and ride it.
February 24, 2018
Most of the snow has melted and the majority of S Mountain trails have absorbed the melt and are good to go. Be cautious and try to avoid muddy sections. You may encounter some snow on North facing sections of trail. Little Rainbow and other North facing trails on Methodist Mountain are snowy/ muddy. Despite the recent snowfall we’ve received, Hooligan is still closed due to dry conditions. Once we receive adequate moisture we will re open the trail for all uses, including hiking, running and biking. Until then, please respect the closure-a lot of hard work and money went into creating this great new addition to our system and if we want to continue to add more trails then we have to be good stewards of the one’s we have.
- Frontside – DRY
- Lil Rattler – DRY
- Rusty Lung - DRY
- Burnpile – DRY
- Backbone – DRY WITH SOME MUD/ SNOW IN SPOTS
- Sand Dunes – DRY WITH SOME MUD/ SNOW IN SPOTS
- Sweet Dreams - DRY WITH SOME MUD/ SNOW IN SPOTS
- Chicken Dinner - DRY WITH SOME MUD/ SNOW IN SPOTS
- North Backbone – SNOW/ MUD
- Prospector – SNOW/ MUD
- Pauli – SNOW/ MUD
- The Dude Abides -SNOW/ MUD
- Unkle Nazty – SNOW
- Hooligan - Closed
- Cottonwood Trail – Snow. Beasway seasonal closure until March 15.
- Lookout Loop – Snow
- Ute Trail to Turret – SNOW
- Aspen Ridge – SNOW
- Little Rainbow Trail – SNOW
- Lost, Deadbird, and Racetrack Trails – SNOW
- Double Rainbow Trail – SNOW
- Bear Creek to Methodist Rainbow Trail - Snow
- Columbine Trail - Snow
- Silver Creek Road/Rainbow Trail Loop – SNOW
Monarch Crest and Children of the Crest
- Monarch Crest Trail – SNOW
- Marshall Pass-Poncha Creek Loop – Snow
- Agate Creek Trail – SNOW
- Starvation Creek – SNOW
- Marshall Pass-Silver Creek Trail Loop – Mud/ Snow
- Greens Creek – Mud Snow
- Colorado Trail – Raspberry Gulch Out-and-Back – SNOW/ MUD
- Colorado Trail – Mt Princeton to Cottonwood –Snow/Mud
- Colorado Trail – South Fooses Creek – Snow/Mud higher (further south)
- Colorado Trail – Blanks to Chalk –SNOW/ MUD
- Colorado Trail – Blanks to US50 – SNOW MUD
Buena Vista Local
- The Midland Trail – Dry
- Continental Divide Trail, Alpine Tunnel to Tincup Pass Road – Snow
- St Elmo – Alpine Tunnel – Packed Snow
- St Elmo – Tin Cup Pass – Packed Snow